Work Ready Scholarship Program
Receive up to nearly $8,000 in tuition over two years through Kentucky's new Work Ready Scholarship Program
The Work Ready Scholarship helps Kentuckians who have not yet earned an associate's degree afford an industry-recognized certificate or credential.
Recipients of the Work Ready Scholarship must:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship application – available at www.kheaa.com
Eligibility & Award
To be eligible a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school or GED graduate
- Have not earned an associate's or higher degree
- Not be in default on any obligation to KHEAA
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study (see below) that leads to an industry-recognized certificate, credential, or diploma in a high-demand workforce sector.
- Work Ready Scholarship will be applied towards tuition after federal and state grants/scholarships have been applied (last payer rule), up to the maximum amount.
- Maximum amount shall not exceed the in-state tuition and fees rate for full-time enrollment at the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Estimated near $3,900 for the 2017-2018 year.
- Expires when the first of the following conditions is met:
- Receipt of scholarship funding for the equivalent of four academic terms;
- Receipt of the scholarship for 32 credit hours of enrollment; or
- Receipt of a first associate's degree
- Recipients must earn a grade point average of 2.0 or higher each semester the scholarship is received in order to be eligible the following semester.
Approved Work Ready Kentucky Programs at EKU. Qualifying programs at EKU for the 2017-2018 year are:
- Associates of Applied Science – Technology (Applied Engineering)
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Applied Engineering and Technology
- Industrial Fire Protection (Certificate)
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Homeland Security Concentration
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Security Operations Concentration
- Homeland Security (Certificate)
- Disaster Management (Certificate)
- Security Management (Certificate)
- Associates of Applied Science – Technology (Computer Electronics)
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Computer Network Systems Concentration
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Electricity and Electronics Concentration
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Graphic Information Systems Concentration
- Associates of Arts General Studies – Informatics Concentration
- Accounting (Certificate)
- Graphic Information Systems (Certificate)